Thursday 24 May 2012

My Top 10 Summer Activities


My normal day to day life usually involves one event or another but come summertime, its all about activities to entertain the family, especially my 4 year old.

1. Playland- I love Playland.  Although the PNE may have more rides and attractions, Playland is less expensive and the crowds are a bit smaller as well.  They have a great deal called the Guardian Pass.  Only $12.95 for me and my son is free.  Mini donuts and cotton candy are a must for us!!
2. The Vancouver Zoo-Another great way to spend the day.  Admission can be pricey so I always plan to spend the day there.  I pack a lunch to help cut down cost.  The zoo sure covers a lot of ground, so be sure to wear good, comfortable shoes.
3. Crescent Beach-There are so many beautiful beaches but this one is my favorite.  It tends to be a bit quieter, especially on weekdays.  I bring a big blanket, packed lunch and the pail and shovels.  We build sandcastles, walk in the water and collect shells.  Don’t forget the sunscreen!!!
4. Annieville Water Park (Delta)-Again, there are so many water parks around, but this one is close to home and a big favorite.  Although my son is a bit older now and actually stays with me, there was a time that I was worried about him running off.  This water park is fully enclosed with a latching gate!!!  There are benches and picnic tables.  There is also a great park and big area with covered tables, etc so that you could make a day of it. 
5. Sungod Rec Centre (Delta)-A great rainy day adventure.  They have several pools, our favorite being the river.  We love coming here as a family.  The prices are extremely low and so much fun.  They also have an ice arena and we have been known to go to Family Skate as well.
6. Science World-Again, a pricey activity, but so my fun, and a great learning experience as well.  Great to see all these great things through the eyes of a 4 year old.
7. Shuswap (Celista, BC)-This is by far one of our big family favorites.  It’s a long drive, but well worth it.  We park our trailer up there at the beginning of the summer and try to get back as many weekends as we can.  Fishing, boating, jetskies and hanging out on the dock.  A wonderful family getaway!
8. The local park-a great way to get outside for a free activity.  I love taking my son.  He has a great time and burns off lots of energy.  Mommy and Daddy have been known to swing, slide and run around too!
9.Queens Park Petting Zoo-not just a petting zoo, but waterpark and playground in one.  Admission is by donation, so  very affordable.  It’s close to home for us, so again a big plus with gas prices the way they are.
10. My back deck-no drive involved.  I have a beautiful deck, patio and bbq.  Love nothing more than having friends and family over.  Sit around, eat, drink and have fun catching up.

If you haven't already tried one of these great locations, I encourage you to at least try one this summer...no kids required, lots of fun for adults too!!! 

I'm always up for new ideas...what are your favorites?????

No comments:

Post a Comment